Nguyen's first blog ever

                Hello!! my name is Nguyen and it is hard to pronounce a lot of people have mispronounced so here is the best way to pronounce my name without me saying it to you, it's Guyen. I'm from Vietnam and I have been living in America for about 5 years I spent a year in Michigan for my senior year of high school then moved to Oregon to pursue higher education. My life has been changing so much since I moved away from my hometown, it is challenging to move across the earth to another country without knowing anything, however, I'm glad that I made that decision. Along with that I have grown and learned so many different things by experiencing two different cultures. When I moved to America I didn't choose where I am going to move to, and even so, I really enjoy my time in Oregon. Personally, I think because I was living in Michigan in my first year and it was a little too cold for me, someone who lived in very warm weather since I was born. Oregon is still cold however the summer here is beautiful, I love the culture and people here. I'm looking forward to living in Oregon for a few more years but who knows where life is going to take me. 

                 I'm majoring in accountancy at Oregon State University but I'm also doing dual enrollment at Linn-Benton Community College. This is my second semester at Oregon State University and my first semester at Linn-Benton Community College. Even though as an accounting student I'm very interested in numbers and solving-problems so I am definitely looking forward to learning more about marketing since they share some commonalities and support each other in many aspects. I find marketing interesting because of the psychology behind it, how companies figure out their targets and advertise their products, and services in different ways to approach their consumers. Moreover, I'm looking forward to improving my brands this semester I know that it could be better but I do need some help, and I'm very excited about that. 

                 Besides school and work, I do enjoy taking walks around especially during summer when the weather is less wet and cold. I love checking out plant stores and I have so many plants, they keep me busy and responsible, and most of my plants are not hard to take care of since most of them are succulents. I also have this big rubber tree, hopefully, one day it will become massive so I can plant it in front of my house. That would be a cool story to talk to my guests in the future, a huge tree that I have had since college. Besides those two easily accessible hobbies I love traveling and going to music festivals. My goal this year is to travel to some desert areas, I spent my last summer in Palm Springs and I enjoyed the weather as well as the scenario so so much. I want to move there someday and I will, it is just a matter of time. I do go to music festivals here and there but recently I come to a realization that I prioritize other things in my life more right now so I probably won't go to many music festivals this year but I probably still go to some to balance out my life. Below is a picture of my Persian cat named Bunny, the biggest city in my country. Vietnam is a very busy and crowded country, with approximate 97 million in population but the country is 30 times smaller than America, with the picture below, it show how busy the city , there is literally no free space. 







              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cornbread cafe Eugene locals brought the business back after the pandemic

L'Oreal Hapta handheld computerized makeup applicator